Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
Technical Program Manager, Autonomy
Who you are
You are a program management wizard who brings experience building vehicles or other complex hardware / software products in a dynamic, R+D environment. You live and breathe tracking processes and interdisciplinary problem solving to make sure complex technology programs get delivered on time and as specified, and have experience working in ambiguous, cross-functional environments. You can hit the ground running on day 1 tracking complex automotive programs and thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic technology space / fast-moving R+D environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently working in a in a self-driving role at an automotive OEM or Tier 1 or wants to make the transition to self-driving.
Who we are
As a member of Woven Planet’s Technical Program Management team, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software products and revolutionize transportation in the process. We come from a mix of hardware, vehicle, and software backgrounds, but we all share a single thread within our DNA: A desire to make things happen and improve people’s lives while doing it. We are problem solvers who make things happen by setting and communicating clear goals and supporting engineering teams to deliver them. For this role we are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering safety critical hardware and software system solutions. In this role you will collaborate within engineering and across the Woven Planet Engineering organization on programs that enable us to scale Woven Planet’s L2 and L4 Autonomous Vehicle programs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Focus Area Level (Autonomy)
- Partner with the Autonomy engineering and product leads to structure work and manage risk in technical programs across the Autonomy group of teams, including Perception, Planning, Controls, and Simulation, and on road testing operations
- In a highly agile manner, co-create and maintain documented plan of record at the sprint, quarter, half year, year and multi-year level timescales
- Drive day to day high velocity execution of plans via diligent and timely task tracking in Jira and dependency management with other teams
- Organization Level
- Enables Autonomy teams to execute effectively in an organizational context by efficiently coordinating between Autonomy and other functional groups to integrate roadmaps
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability.
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting engineering and proactively take action to resolve
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- 5+ years experience with technical program management, preferably in one of the following fields: mechanical, electrical, aerospace, systems, or software engineering.
- Proven experience in an NPI or product launch atmosphere
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Organized and efficient, excellent time management skills, attention to detail
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Extensive experience using project management tools
- Analytical reasoning skills
- Experience with teams operating across time zones
- Experience with Autonomous vehicles programs
- PMP or other Project Management certifications
- JIRA, Confluence Power User
- Exposure to high-velocity startups.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.