Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
At Level 5, software engineers specializing in web technologies build high-performance web platforms, visualizations, tools and workflows. These tools are widely used by the engineering and operations teams to develop, debug and operate our fleet. We use modern front-end technologies, libraries and best practices to achieve exceptional design fidelity, usability, accessibility, and performance.
What you will do:
- Help build the future of autonomous vehicles through impactful 3D/2D/UI visualizations and tools
- Take ownership of features, projects, performance, quality, workflows and platforms
- Champion frontend best practices to engineers, designers, and management
- Collaborate with team members across Level 5
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Experience building performant visualizations in the browser using WebGL
- Experience with GPU/WebGL libraries like three.js, WorldView, kepler.js
- A passion for 3D graphics and data visualization
- Understanding of mathematical foundations of computer graphics
- Experience working with C++, OpenGL, geometric transformations
- Experience working with infrastructure, backends, databases, services
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.