Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
Our London team is working on accelerating autonomous driving by exploring novel CV/ML solutions on petabytes of data collected from AVs and our own Fleet vehicles. This enables us to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate and up-to-date 3D maps, to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of our simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations.
The London Data Products team is working on accelerating autonomous driving by building value-added services and frameworks for petabytes of data collected on AVs, Simulation, Fleets, ML.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work with other Computer Vision and Machine Learning engineers on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Build and deploy production-quality ML/CV pipelines and services
- Work on distributed systems that process and transform large quantities of data in the cloud
- Mentor junior engineers in their day to day work
- Design the long term strategy for several of our products
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience leading technical projects (3+ people)
- Experience writing testable and modular code
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating across teams and disciplines
- Extensive experience in Python or C++ (or other Object Oriented language)
- Hands-on experience developing cloud applications (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Data pipelines, workflow orchestration
- Bonus: experience in mapping space (any form of mapping, not necessarily for autonomous driving)
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.