Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
- Develop analytical frameworks and business metrics to measure performance with statistical rigor
- Partner with product managers, engineers, program managers, operations and leadership to translate data insights into decisions and action
- Find opportunities for efficiency improvements in the Autonomous program using data
- Ownership over data from instrumentation to executive-facing dashboards
- Author scalable ETL pipeline workflows using workflow orchestration engines like Airflow.
- Write advanced SQL for query engines like BigQuery to compute metrics or failure modes across large time-series data
- Degree in a quantitative field - advanced degrees are preferred
- A minimum of at least three years full time industry experience in a data science/analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries (Python preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- (Nice to have) Experience with various interactive query engines (e.g., BigQuery, Presto), or data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam, Hive).
- (Nice to have) Experience with workflow orchestration platforms (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban).
- (Nice to have) Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.