Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
We are looking for a research manager to grow and lead our London-based research team. This is a role that combines people management and cutting-edge research to ship high-impact technologies for self-driving.
The Research Team develops new experimental solutions that combine the latest findings in cutting-edge computer vision, machine learning and large-scale data processing to advance the capabilities of our existing systems and to advance the state-of-the-art of the field.
- Oversee and support the work of a small, high-velocity team of ML engineers and researchers developing new experimental ML systems
- Actively grow the team by interviewing and recruiting new members
- Support members of the team in their career growth and development
- Represent the team and participate in broader team strategy, roadmapping and identifying new impactful opportunities
- Ensure the projects are executed with high quality and generate impact in terms of production adoption and advancing the state-of-the-art
- Collaborate with autonomous vehicles engineering teams in productionizing newly developed systems
- PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotics, or relevant experience
- Experience publishing at state-of-the-art conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Experience managing a small team and projects involving multiple people
- Experience in implementing prototypes of ML system using PyTorch / TensorFlow
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.