Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
As a Power Electronics Engineer at Level 5, you will work on various PCBA designs for power, compute, and controls. You will work cross-functionally to gather requirements, come up with architectural design and get buy-in from core technical team members. You will translate design architecture into implementation through component selection, schematic capture, layout, functional review, fab, bringup, test, all the way to mid-volume production.
- Lead the developments of power electronics control units, HV/LV DC/DC, or LV power distribution boards
- Propose creative and reliable power electronic solutions that will help the L5 Power team to meet internal technical requirements
- Be on top of the latest implementation method in LV power redundancy
- Lead the integration effort of power ECU integration with the base vehicle prototype
- Working cross-functionally to manage and troubleshoot technical challenges including thermal, FW, and mechanical
- Over 5+ years of hands-on experience required in the design and development of power electronics including automotive power electronics (e.g. DC/DC, ECU, BMS and other power solutions for automotive applications)
- Deep understanding in tradeoffs in component and design parameter selections for switch-mode power converter design
- Solid fundamentals in board-level and system-level grounding schemes
- Application experience with power switches including, MOSFET, GaN etc
- Embedded control hardware application (uP or DSP), including power supply, interfacing and protection circuits
- Demonstrable experience with typical power electronics simulation and analysis approaches and software packages
- PCB design experience, preferably with NEXUS Altium, including good knowledge of noise reduction approaches
- Understanding of power electronics hardware integration in to vehicles and the challenges that brings
- Ability to interface with test, mechanical, software, systems, and functional safety teams during product design cycle
- Understanding of requirements traceability, configuration management, design for CISPR EMC compliance
- Design bring-up and test procedures for electronic systems. Troubleshoot, root cause, and drive issue to closure
- Work cross functionally to define board/system level architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with process development
- Produce specifications and other relevant design documentation
- Familiarity with circuit and wiring harness schematic capture tools
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.