Manager, Programme Operations
KwaraLEARN (Leading Education Achievement and Reform Now) is a core new education programme by the Government of Kwara State to deliver dramatic improvements in learning outcomes in public schools for all children across Kwara State.
KwaraLEARN will transform all government primary schools across the state into powerful public schools using an innovative technology and data-driven platform, coupled with high-quality learning materials, effective training and ongoing coaching for teachers and school leaders, and technology-enabled support teams to create 360-degree support for learning outcomes.
Working for the technical implementing partner for the programme, you will work towards preparing Kwara and its youth for a bright future with a strong educational foundation. Being part of this transformative programme will be a challenging but fulfilling experience. You will have the opportunity to impact young lives and help build the future of Kwara and Nigeria.
The programme is one of the most exciting and ambitious education programmes not only in Nigeria, but also across Africa. A quality education has the power to transform the opportunities for Kwara's youth and the State. In joining us, you will join a group of dynamic and passionate Nigerians taking concrete action to help ensure a better future for the children of Kwara.
The schools run by NewGlobe have to operate in the most efficient and effective way possible to enable us to provide life changing education that is affordable to families living below the poverty line, and to governments with limited resources. This means there is no room for waste and inefficiencies. The Operations Team is responsible for the design, execution and management of the entire sequence of processes required to service the activities of each school, and for providing that support at scale in the most cost efficient and effective way possible. Operations is the nerve centre of the company and is the interface that brings all school-level support functions together. Our mission is to provide a better service for our parents and governments, a better experience for our employees, and a stable platform on which we continue to scale our work.
About the Role
The Operations Team designs, implements, and manages school-level operations and support. We are the nerve centre of the company.
Certain aspects of what we do originate in other departments or teams – from Academics, Schools, Leadership & Development, Finance or People – but end with Operations. No matter how well other departments may complete their individual functions, it is up to Operations to be the interface that brings all school-level support functions together.
The role of Programme Managers is a microcosm of the overarching goal of the entire Operations Team, broken down by specific functional components. Each Programme Manager has a unique sphere that s/he is responsible for owning. Within that realm of responsibility, Programme Managers identify and analyse operational needs, design strategies and processes to address these challenges, and supervise the necessary training, monitoring, and constant adjustments needed for these programmes to execute successfully.
What You Will Do
Programme Managers work closely with other departments to design and run specific programmes such as but not limited to:
- Project Management - from ensuring digital teacher guides are ever present on teacher tablets, to ensuring supplies in classes are delivered on time and accounted for;
- Data Processing, Analysis & Reports Creation for the Operations Department in addition to other departments. Data pieces include but are not limited to the following:
- School Health Metrics such as stakeholder / staff attendance, tech devices statuses and functionality, facility observations
- Academics metrics such as lesson completion, lesson quality, lesson availability, special academic surveys outputs, score entry completion
- Customer Relationship Management data such as outstanding issues, issues resolution performance, department and individual staff CRM performance metrics
- Supply Chain/Operations data such as Inventory on hand, movements, procurements etc.
- Business Intelligence Analysis and Reporting Support
- Systems/Processes analysis, design and development
- Data Collection oversight, management and analysis
- More duties that may be assigned.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 3 years work experience is similar role
- They should be enthusiastic and proficient at gathering and analysing data, always willing to learn, comfortable using data to drive decisions and comfortable working closely with different departments and teams.
- Ideal candidates should have experience in Operations: managing projects, identifying business challenges through data and observation, creating solutions for these issues, and overseeing an
operational programme at a start-up company or executing on multiple programs at an established firm.
- Persistent and versatile in getting things done and a track record achieving success. You must be a fighter and determined to achieve; we have a large mission. Don’t accept what has been done before and eager to challenge the status quo.
- Work experience developing and managing a culture of total focus on customer satisfaction ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills ● High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practices
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, KwaraLEARN works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.