Kustomer is the first-of-its-kind customer service CRM platform built for managing high support volume by optimizing experiences throughout the customer service journey. Kustomer helps brands quickly resolve conversations on all digital channels by automating 40% of interactions via self-service, first contact resolution with intelligent routing, and driving omnichannel experiences between customers and agents. Our open CRM platform minimizes costs by acting as a single record of truth, managing and contextualizing data to drive smarter processes that scale business. Kustomer IQ embeds AI throughout the platform to eliminate repetitive tasks, deflect easy questions, and power support experiences that satisfy customers.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Glovo, Glossier and Sweetgreen. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, has raised over $174M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
As Kustomer’s Director of Talent, reporting to the VP of People, you will be a key leader on the People team responsible for all of talent acquisition including building our strategy and the detailed plan to continue scaling Kustomer beyond our 300+ employees. The ideal candidate is a strong people leader while at the same time a metrics obsessed recruiting leader. This Director of Talent will define and develop scaling processes and the KPI’s that we’ll hold ourselves to. We’re looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and work side by side with our Talent Partners to help them achieve their goals and hire the best talent possible.
Consultative in their approach, this leader will work closely with leadership across all of Kustomer to help us iterate on our practices and approaches to hiring. Our Director is someone who eats/sleeps/breathes recruiting and is excited to be the one to level up our hiring machine to create a well oiled pipeline to close funnel and process (including a unique and outstanding candidate experience). This is a critical person in our long-term success and will have a long-lasting impact on our team, culture and business.
You'll be responsible for:
- Build, lead, and coach a team of seven (and growing!) talent acquisition professionals to execute on our company-wide hiring plan
- Develop and implement Kustomer’s recruitment strategy, candidate experience, talent brand and overall recruiting process to enable the company to achieve its hiring goals
- Serve as a recruiting advisor and partner to the all members of the Executive team and be a critical driver of recruiting excellence across the organization
- Enhance alignment with Finance, Human Resources, and business leaders to optimize workforce planning based on the most acute needs of the business
- Optimize our metrics-based approach to ensure that our goals are achieved on time, within budget and with quality
- Oversee efforts to strengthen our D&I strategy with a focus on the talent acquisition process
- Lead and implement employer branding strategies and refine our employee value proposition as our business evolves
- Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems and training necessary to scale and support a world-class team
- 8+ years recruitment experience, ideally in high growth and/or tech organizations
- 5+ years people leadership experience exhibiting strong coaching and mentoring skills which maintain high performance and develop exceptional talent
- Demonstrated track record of building out talent acquisition processes at scale and hiring in a for rapidly growing companies that are growing beyond 250+
- Deep understanding and ability to use data to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruiting process
- Master prioritizer, customer service provider, organizer and communicator
- Enjoyment in taking ambiguous situations to create structure and a defined plan to achieve
- Adept at managing company executives, including speaking the language of the business and ability to gain a deep understanding of company strategy/plans
- Bonus: Deep understand of global employment & immigration law as it pertains to hiring
- Bonus: Agency recruiting experience
- Bonus: Technical recruiting experience
- Bonus: Greenhouse experience
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: