Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role - Instructional Designer for Customer Education
This position is perfect for a person that has a passion for creating training materials that engage, excite, and motivate the audience! You are skilled at incorporating instructional design and development expertise using innovative technology to produce leading learning experiences. You have a keen eye for converting learning objectives into simulations, online courses, webinars, exams, assessments, and virtual and live classes to meet program objectives. You are comfortable managing multiple, fast-paced projects in a collaborative, dynamic environment with a passionate extended team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Design, create, and publish training content for our customers
- Create engaging trainings that follow adult learning methodology that will live in our LMS by partnering closely with cross functional SMEs across the business
- Understand current learning needs and gaps
- Research, recommend, design, and implement training and development initiatives
- Design learning objectives and knowledge checks for content mastery, such as traditional quizzes, hands-on exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games
- Design blended learning solutions that maximize learning efficiency
- Drive, track, and manage learning content development projects within required timeline
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 3+ years experience developing learning content using adult learning methodology with at least half of that time spent working on technical training projects
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and accurately and then make complicated tasks seem easy
- Experience building interactive or video learning content using tools like Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience building instructional aids, such as instructor guides and other resource materials
- Experience independently managing projects end-to-end using the ADDIE or SAM models
- Experience partnering with SMEs to source and evaluate learning content
- Engaging in-person and virtual training presence
- LMS administration experience
- Experience working in a startup environment, particularly in a SaaS setting
- Experience in customer facing training
- Audio recording and voiceover experience
- Educational background in adult learning methodology, such as:
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field, or
- Industry certifications, such as CPLP, APTD, CPT, CDT
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: