Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Kustomer, you will be instrumental in growing, mentoring, and guiding a team of cross-functional software engineers. This role is responsible for managing two significant teams under the End Customer Experience domain; Channel Apps and Self-service.
The Channel Apps team builds and maintains integrations with our highest volume support channels. We provide email, SMS, and social support using providers like Twilio, Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon Connect, and many more! You will also work closely with the self-service team to enhance channels with our proprietary conversational assistant.
The Self-service team is responsible for improving our conversational assistant and building out our robust knowledge base product. The goal is to help customers help themselves as much as possible. The goal for the team is to enable our customers to provide high-quality automated support wherever we can.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing and growing a team of software engineers
- Developing the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Conducting performance reviews and 1-1’s with all team members
- Setting objectives for your team as a whole and partnering with teammates on individual goals
- Working with your teams to push forward the best engineering working practices
- Working with engineering team leads and other stakeholders to continuously improve operational processes and procedures
- Partnering with various vendors to build integrations
- You have experience growing, mentoring, and developing engineers
- You are up to date with and have a passion for software engineering best practices
- You have experience attracting engineering talent and are comfortable closing candidates
- You have experience managing an engineering team
- Nice to haves:
- You’ve integrated with messaging platforms like Twilio, Postmark, Gmail, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and others.
- You’re familiar with Node.js or React
- You’ve worked with and built REST APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines like CircleCI or Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with Web or Mobile Automated E2E Testing using tools like Webdriver or Cypress.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.