Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s backend engineering team is responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We work closely with the frontend team and their React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience.
This role will sit on our Data team. Our Data team's mission is to enable clients and peers alike to leverage data to better solve problems. They support decision making and objective setting by providing actionable insights from all company perspectives, and develop Machine Learning applications to support advanced automation and prediction products for our clients.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the backend services and APIs that power our Machine Learning applications
- Collaborating with other teams to facilitate the integration of our Machine Learning tools into their products
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems within and outside your squad
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, and CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 5+ years experience
- Strong Python knowledge and a history of building APIs in a large-scale production environment
- Experience with data pipelines and background processing services
- You’re interested in Machine Learning and understand the basic concepts of model development
- You’re not afraid of working on a different stack to integrate or develop solutions, especially on Node.js and Mongodb.
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner, more readable and performant
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.