Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
The Senior User Experience Researcher will be the product team’s go-to research expert that helps the entire team more deeply understand our users—uncovering innovative opportunities to improve the product overall. The ideal candidate will quickly understand our product space and build empathy with our customers across a variety of user personae. You have vision and experience establishing user research methodologies, best practices, strategizing and conducting generative research, and analysing data. You turn data from interviews, user feedback, feature requests, heuristic analysis, usage analytics, and other data sources into actionable insights that inform product innovation.
As the first person in this new role, you will have the opportunity to define the part that UXR plays on the product and design team. Your work will be foundational to building a culture of continuous discovery and investigation at Kustomer.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the problems we’re trying to solve in the Customer Experience space
- Strategizing quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis to support company product goals
- Acting as the go-to expert on user research methodologies and best practices to support the team in asking better questions
- Distilling complex data from a variety of sources into actionable insights to share with the product and design team as well as other stakeholders
- Leading the team in building a culture of continuous discovery and generative research to help us find opportunities to improve the product for our users
- Participating in building out the first team of user experience researchers at Kustomer
- You have 4+ years of hands-on UX Research in the product space
- Experience in B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a definite plus
- Experience in a founding UX Research role a definite plus
- You demonstrate deep empathy with users and can connect your research to solutions that meet their needs
- You are well-versed in a wide array of research methodologies and analysis; you can confidently choose the appropriate approach for different situations
- You are deeply inquisitive and endlessly curious—always eager to dig deeper for solutions to user problems and opportunities for innovation
- You are an excellent communicator who can present to a diverse audience of stakeholders
- You are a team player who is excited to share your knowledge and elevate the whole team with your expertise
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.