Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s backend engineering team is responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We work closely with the frontend team and their React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience.
This role sits on our Platform team - this team’s mission is to make it easy for companies to build their own unique customer experiences. Kustomer’s platform consists of the core data, automations, and integration points that support teams can build upon to surface the right data to the right person at the right time. Since every business is different, this team enjoys the challenge of striking the balance between customization and simplicity – working to deliver solutions that can be creatively used and reused in ways we might not have even considered.
You'll be responsible for:
- Thinking abstractly about different ways companies can use our data model and structuring it in a scalable and robust way
- Making automatons simple and predictable
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, and CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer
- You are excited by and can handle ambiguous problems
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have architected code in order to support a business that is scaling
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You have mentored other software engineers and make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, and technical guidance
- You have experience and a desire to work with product and can work across internal teams to anticipate use cases
- You can help us solving how we use data at scale and are someone who can think about and guide the team through technical trade offs
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: