Senior Data Engineer
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to own providing the data infrastructure, tooling, and technical guidance to enable various business units to make data-driven decisions. This role is central to building and executing on a progressive data strategy for the company. The successful candidate has prior experience building data pipeline infrastructure from the ground up and can find stability in ambiguous work.
This role is embedded in our Trust & Velocity team - this team focuses on issues that affect internal and external confidence in our application and brand (Trust) as well as issues that affect the speed of development as it relates to the whole engineering team (Velocity). The team takes ownership of anything that involves performance, scalability, reliability, observability, availability, and security. You’ll work closely with the team in charge of infrastructure to architect and build scalable and reliable data pipelines.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with engineering and product to transform client data into meaningful insights
- Collaborating with our Data Analyst to roadmap and architect business intelligence reporting
- Architecting a data warehouse for Kustomer to store query-able archival data aggregated from a variety of services
- Leading the efforts to rapidly scale Kustomer’s data management
- Optimizing performance of various pipelines and data stores
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision, architecting scalable long term solutions that apply technology to solve business problems
- You have 5+ years of experience working in scalable data environments across multiple big data technologies (NoSQL preferred)
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and stakeholders on abstract problems and developing solutions
- Distributed data process with Spark/Hadoop or similar
- Designing and maintaining databases such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or similar
- ETL batch and workflow orchestration with AWS Data Pipeline/Glue/Airflow or similar
- Integration with Business Intelligence tools such or Data Studio, Looker, Periscope, Quicksight, or similar
- Data streams with Kafka/Kinesis or similar
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves
- Degree in a relevant technical field (Machine Learning, Database Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Comfortable working in one or more programming languages
- Experience with Machine Learning infrastructure
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.