Software Engineer II Full-Stack
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s engineering team is responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the technology that powers our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI/CD, and building simple and modern user experiences. Our tech is clean, simple, and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker, and AWS.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to connect the Kustomer platform with our partners through custom integrations, leveraging modern tools and technologies. You’ll do this by building custom 3rd party applications on top of the Kustomer Developer Platform, connecting to our partners through their own APIs and platforms. Some examples include Shopify, Slack, Salesforce, Stripe, etc.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Building applications with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Prototyping and building clean and intuitive user interfaces through various iterations
- Ensuring implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Working with our product, design, and CX teams to creatively solve complex problems
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 3+ years experience
- You have React experience: you think in components and are familiar with Redux and immutable structures
- You are comfortable with HTML and CSS
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You value code quality and invest time to build automated testing around your code
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: