Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Kustomer’s backend engineering team is responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We work closely with the frontend team and their React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, and CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 5+ years experience
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring
More about our Engineering Team:
Our engineering team is made up of 60+ engineers, and growing every day. We follow the squad model at Kustomer and are separated into teams, each team honing in on a specific part of our product and tackling exciting and challenging problems. More about our squads below:
Our Platform team’s mission is to make it easy for companies to build their own unique customer experiences. Kustomer’s platform consists of the core data, automations, and integration points that support teams can build upon to surface the right data to the right person at the right time. Since every business is different, this team enjoys the challenge of striking the balance between customization and simplicity – working to deliver solutions that can be creatively used and reused in ways we might not have even considered.
Our Trust & Velocity team’s mission is to keep the lights on by ensuring all systems are prepared for the worst case scenario, operating efficiently and cost effectively. They focus on problems concerning scalability, availability, security, performance, reliability, observability, and velocity. This team also handles trust reviews prior to the start of any project to ensure that features are built in a way that optimizes for the previously listed areas of concern.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: