Technical Support Manager
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. A customer-centric solution, Kustomer helps brands increase satisfaction and loyalty by empowering agents to engage customers in personalized, efficient, and effortless conversations. Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Glossier, Ring, ThirdLove, Rent the Runway, Sweetgreen, Glovo, Away, UNTUCKit.
Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, has raised $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Our team is looking for a Technical Support Manager to guide our technical support team scale to meet the rapid growth of our platform.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing, mentoring, and recruiting for our Technical Support team. Our team works tirelessly each day to support our customer base of forward-thinking CX professionals.
- Follow up with customers to gauge their satisfaction with problem resolution; identifying support problem areas (i.e., negative trends) and, if warranted, implementing corrective actions.
- Setting clear objectives, evaluating progress and instilling a high-performance culture with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Creating, managing and improving standards and procedures within the team
- Ensuring working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate
- Managing the team and individual performance, technical and skills development
- Encouraging open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together; empowering the team to perform at their highest level
- Reviewing daily workloads and taking appropriate action to ensure our SLAs are met
- Keeping up to date on new product features and providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges by partnering with product management
- Assisting on-call support staff with urgent issues they cannot resolve on their own, which may require evenings and weekends availability.
- Creating and maintaining all documentation and procedures relating to Support.
- Recognizing and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and proactively proposing and implementing these solutions.
- You build relationships easily, and enjoy contributing and developing initiatives that aid in technical support
- You have 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role; experience with SaaS companies and startups a plus.
- You have experience defining metrics and demonstrating value for customers
- You possess a strong foundation in customer management solutions
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with others to convey complicated material.
- You can quickly absorb and retain technical information. This position requires an advanced knowledge of our system approaching engineering support.
- You enjoy leading by example, mentoring, and inspiring others to do their best work while driving individual and team accountability.
- You are a self-motivated team player and coach that can follow and lead as situations dictate.
- You can empathize with customers in a genuine way that shows you care about their issues.
- You can make decisions under pressure and solve problems accurately and quickly
- You are able to build new processes or programs to help scale the team while providing excellent service.
- You have a “customer first” attitude and a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- You welcome constructive criticism and feedback from internal and external customers.
- You are a creative problem solver and can think outside the box to get things done.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.