Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s finance team is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to play an important role in supporting the full range of planning, forecasting and analysis activities. You will report to the Director of FP&A. The Financial Analyst will work closely with business partners at all levels and functions of the company to drive strategic, financial, and operational plans. In this hands-on role you will be responsible for assisting with all financial planning and analysis activities, including preparation and management of the global annual plan and quarterly financial forecasts, consistent with the Company’s values, strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives.
You'll be responsible for:
- Assisting with all planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis activities
- Updating and reviewing financial models and projections (BS, PL, CF); preparing variance analysis on actual vs. plan/forecast
- Preparing, analyzing, and summarizing monthly financial metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports for use by leadership teams
- Providing financial business support to the Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing and G&A organizations including: monthly budget vs actual analysis, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects
- Assisting in the modeling of long-range strategic and financial plans
- Helping translate data into actionable business insights, and providing meaning behind financial figures
- Working closely with Accounting to assist with period variance analysis and accruals estimates
- Coordinating with Billing Operations to ensure accuracy of our ARR reporting and financial metrics
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analyses for special projects as needed
- Other projects/tasks as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Venture backed startup, Big 4, Strategy Consulting Firm and/or Investment Banking experience a plus
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams and successfully manage projects to completion
- Mastery of operational and financial modeling
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving high growth environment, balancing multiple challenging priorities on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Advanced Excel/Google sheets modeling skills and a working knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets and creating insightful, actionable reporting, along with controls
- Ability to discern trends and consider the broad business implications in helping management identify and exploit opportunities to improve performance
- Demonstrated ability to apply financial analysis in solving business problems and integrating financial discipline into operational decision making
- Financial systems and related implementation experience (Zuora, Salesforce, etc.) is a plus
- Advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP, SaaS related metrics and KPIs
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: