Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Kustomer’s backend engineers are responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We work closely with the frontend engineers and their React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience.
This role sits on our Search & Reporting team - this team works on the features that help companies understand their customers at a glance and surface trends to provide a more personalized and efficient customer experience. In our case, this means building tools that are meaningful across industries and applicable regardless of what custom data a company is bringing in.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, and CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 5+ years experience
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: