Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
At Kustomer, we take our clients’ experiences seriously. Our Customer Success team is on a mission to be industry leaders in providing an overall experience that delights our clients and ensures they achieve value from our platform. From the moment our Implementations team onboards our clients to our platform, our Customer Success team takes the lead in engaging our customers to ensure positive outcomes using Kustomer.
The Technical Account Manager provides deep technical expertise to a select number of clients. They will work closely with Customer Success Managers to drive product adoption, capture product enhancements, assist in resolving challenging technical issues, maintain high satisfaction levels and ultimately help secure renewals.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding what the business outcomes are for each of your named customers
- Helping to improve our processes, policies, and client relationships so as to deeply integrate Kustomer into our clients’ everyday work lives
- Articulating and documenting processes to create a scalable infrastructure for our Customer Success team
- Partnering with Support to research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues
- Providing custom training for clients
- Influencing the direction of the Kustomer platform, funneling customer feedback into the Product organization while proactively helping customers understand how we’re working towards solutions that meet and exceed their expectations
- Acting as an advocate for the customer, quarterbacking the solving of complex problems within our organization and escalating when appropriate
- Analyzing customer data to identify and propose new ideas and processes to prevent issues and increase product adoption
- Working with Support to develop and refine processes to flag and resolve requests from customers - bugs, product gaps, wish list items, etc.
- Creating best practice materials and participating in other initiatives that can drive product adoption and successful customer outcomes.
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of Technical Support, Professional Services Technical Account Management or Customer Success experience with a technical (SaaS) product or similar
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the motivation to inspire both our clients and your teammates
- Highly organized - a project management background is a plus
- The ability to quickly build rapport with individuals and teams, naturally looking for ways to make processes easier
- Ability to understand the features and use cases of the Kustomer platform
- Empathy for who you work with; you identify with their challenges and your desire to delight shines through in your communications
- The capacity for creative problem solving
- Experience with advocating for your customers’ needs within your organization and driving to solutions
- Ability to use data and statistics to identify patterns, using them for enriching your recommendations for process/product improvements
Learn More About Kustomer