Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. A customer-centric solution, Kustomer helps brands increase satisfaction and loyalty by empowering agents to engage customers in personalized, efficient, and effortless conversations. Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Glossier, Ring, ThirdLove, Rent the Runway, Sweetgreen, Glovo, Away, UNTUCKit.
Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, has raised $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Coatue, Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Our Customer Experience team is responsible for designing and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their goals and work towards providing value while driving long-term relationships for mutual success. As the Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as the bridge between Kustomer and the amazing people who use our product.
You'll be responsible for:
- Mastering the Kustomer platform in order to efficiently and effectively diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to promptly resolve customer issues
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Ensuring proper recording and closure of all issues
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals for both internal and external audiences
- Providing step-by-step technical help, either written or verbal and in English and Spanish
- Empathizing with the customer’s perspective and providing the best solutions that are aligned with Kustomer’s core values.
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams while providing clear steps to reproduce and detailed troubleshooting steps
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have experience using developer tools, APIs and error logs to diagnose and troubleshoot client issues both with their network and software.
- You have excellent, written and verbal, language skills (English)
- You possess 5+ years of experience in a similar role; experience with SaaS companies and startups a plus.
- You are comfortable working independently and reporting into a remote manager.
- You can be available for a 2nd shift and on-call rotation on the weekends as necessary.
- You’re an excellent communicator who is technically curious, enjoys problem solving and translating technical concepts across various customer profiles.(Even if the problems aren’t well-defined, even if the usual solutions aren’t working, and even if it’s the fifth person you’ve helped solve that problem today.)
- You possess a “customer first” attitude and a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- You’re attentive to the little details and you believe people’s experience matters.
- You drive towards efficiency, thinking on your feet to find creative solutions to requests and directional changes.
- You welcome constructive criticism and customer feedback
- You thrive in a high pressure environment, closing out issues quickly and accurately and are comfortable dealing with customers who are already frustrated that their systems are malfunctioning.
- You possess strong telephone etiquette skills to ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers, very comfortable with Zoom or Video.
- You demonstrate active listening and written communication follow-up skills to know how to tactfully communicate directions to clients to ensure customers get the information they need without feeling frustrated or talked down to.
This role is preferred to be located in Hawaii to support our customers in Asia-Pacific.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: