Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test at Kustomer, you’ll ensure that every line of code we push into production is high quality, fault tolerant, and sustainable. You’ll be working closely with our team of SDETs to ensure what we’re building not only meets, but exceeds our customer’s expectations. As the goalie for our engineering team, you’re our last line of defense before our updates go live. We’re big on automated testing, and you’ll be an integral part of helping to create the right development ecosystem on our engineering team.
This role sits on our Trust & Velocity team - this team‘s mission is to keep the lights on by ensuring all systems are prepared for the worst case scenario, operating efficiently and cost effectively. They focus on problems concerning scalability, availability, security, performance, reliability, observability, and velocity. Specifically, as a Senior Software Engineer in Test on this team, you’ll be responsible for planning and executing tests that expose the areas which we need to improve on. This is an opportunity to help drive the resiliency and quality of the Kustomer platform and infrastructure as we continue to scale up.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and scaling an automated QA infrastructure and process, making it easy to write tests
- Writing test cases and automating test scripts that ensure quality. You’ll support test suites for multiple platforms and browser configurations
- Aggressively increase automated E2E coverage
- Scoping and building an automation test framework covering web, backend, and infrastructure services
- Collaborating with development and product teams to understand upcoming features
- Investigating, recommending and building testing tools and frameworks to support future development
- Crafting the testing strategy and efforts surrounding performance, load, and chaos testing
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 3+ years of automation testing work experience for a web product
- Experience in a scaled automated test system (>200 E2E tests)
- Has built or scaled automated testing processes; selenium experience / cucumber experience or equivalent
- Experience with: Cypress, Mocha, Chai, k6
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of Software Engineers in Test
- You’re comfortable with continuous deployment multiple times per day across many microservices
- You’re able to quickly reproduce defects and produce automated test cases and documentation for issues
- Nice to have:
- Postman, Git and GitHub, Jira & Confluence
- You have used Page Objects in automated tests
- Experience with performance, chaos, pen, and/or fuzz testing
- Experience with Gatling, JMeter, Locust, Chaos Monkey, or similar
- Startup experience
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.