Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards in order to maintain and enhance customer trust. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
You will be responsible for:
- Application security reviews
- Secure architecture design
- Threat modeling
- Identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Security Compliance improvements and training
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security guidance documentation
- Security tool development - Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Participating in incident handling
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging security products and technologies
- Maintaining vendor security and privacy compliance
- Projects and research work as needed
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
A successful candidate will have experience working through ambiguity, helping to define security requirements with managers and engineers and incorporating customer feedback, as well as identifying potential problems before they become real problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 7+ years relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- 5+ years of application security experience
- Advanced knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, application security.
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Development experience
- Experience with scripting (e.g. python, ruby, bash)
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, and mobile application security.
- Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
- Distributed systems development experience
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.