Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer is looking for a Director of Global Support who will fundamentally redefine what it is - not only to deliver a world-class support experience here at Kustomer but in the B2B SaaS industry. Kustomer is experiencing explosive growth and acquiring world class brands who leverage Kustomer to deliver a differentiated customer experience - believe it or not, they expect the same from Kustomer.
This leader has seen the movie before - been part of scaling a company and building/scaling a technical support organization. This individual will be looked upon to consult with and be part of Kustomer’s strategy to engage CX leaders with best practices and thought leadership. This role will report to our SVP of Sales and Customer Experience.
You'll be responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing a global strategy for Kustomer’s support organization
- Responsible for driving customer satisfaction programs, using customer feedback to implement improvements
- Designing a suite of support conversation metrics and leveraging them effectively to evaluate team performance and identify trigger points for executing on additional hires
- Implementing and iterating on support best practices by closely monitoring conversation response quality and initiating constructive feedback conversations with support engineers
- Responsible for defining and implementing common tools, policies/procedures
- Develops key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity
- Builds relationships with peers in the Product and Engineering organization to expedite resolution of customer reported issues and feature requests and ensures priorities, timelines and expectations are aligned across all teams
- Manages the Technical Support Managers and supports their engagement of engineers and their on-call schedule
- Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel
- Oversees and streamlines the incident management process, putting your team in a position to deliver timely, informative updates to customers while an incident is ongoing and maintain ownership of postmortem communications to the broader customer base
- Building out a multi region, global support organization capable of servicing the top enterprises; design career trajectories for support engineers within the organization
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Very strong communication skills, especially at the executive level
- In-depth working knowledge of support department operations, proficiency in prioritizing critical customer issues and identifying training needs of the team
- Expert knowledge of cloud software solutions, and of cloud technologies/ architectures, cloud operations, support operations, agile methodology
- Expert skills in the following areas: communications, human relations, decision making, executive presentations, organization, planning/analytical/problem solving and time management
- Expert skills in escalation management and negotiating/setting expectations for customers and employees.
- 7+ years experience leading a global or regional technical support team
- Ability to effectively operate and excel in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to distill technical concepts down to actionable statements for management and customers
- Affinity for growing a team and mentoring individuals
- Experience administering support systems
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: