Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer is looking for a Director of Product Design to lead a growing team of product designers and instill best practices across the Design team. Reporting directly to our VP, Product, this individual will provide design direction and guidance, while influencing the overall product strategy. We’re looking for a cross-functional team player, who has experience working at a growing company, and in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be responsible for:
- Defining processes, aesthetics, formal flows, components and the overall design structure at Kustomer
- Providing design leadership and strategy; you will be the point person on the design team and will share your voice and vision when it comes to design
- Collaborating closely with engineering and product leadership on product decisions
- Identifying areas of improvement inside of existing product features
- Aligning design vision with company/product vision
- Managing a team of 4+ product designers
- Feature development, brand/aesthetics, reusable component definition
- Making Kustomer’s products easy and enjoyable to use
- Partnering with sales and CX to identify ways to make our product easier to use from a UX and design perspective
- You are an advocate for design and understand the importance of prioritizing design decisions
- You have an opinion when it comes to design decisions when working alongside CTO and CEO in terms of building/designing the product
- You strive for simplicity when it comes to complex problems
- You have 5+ years of experience as a product designer
- You have 5+ years experience managing designers
- You are familiar with design tools and software such as Storybook/Component Libraries, Reusable Components, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Zeplin, and Figma
- Nice to have: Experience with HTML/CSS
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.