Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s finance team is looking for a Senior Accountant to be a key member of the accounting team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger tasks, account reconciliations, as well as other duties to assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process and financial audit preparation. This role provides assistance with systems, accounting policies implementations, and accounting procedures to ensure financial transactions are being executed appropriately, as well as collaborates with other departments in terms of financial statement reviews.
You'll be responsible for:
- Participating in various accounting functions including: general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations for fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, cash and other accounts
- Participating in the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close processes
- Assisting with implementation of accounting systems, policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP
- Preparation of financial statements, fluctuation analyses and performance of financial statement analytics for management consumption
- Participation in process streamlining and improvement projects
- Participation in annual financial audits with external auditors, including preparation and review of schedules
- Collaboration with FP&A to understand and explain budget vs. actual variances
- Ownership of the accounts payable and expense reimbursement functions
- Other projects/tasks as necessary
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 or more years of accounting experience – Big 4 public accounting a plus
- Understanding of GAAP and applicable accounting rules and regulations
- Quickbooks and NetSuite experience a plus
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required (VLooksUps, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multitasking skills, and flexibility to alternate from one project to the next quickly
- Energetic, driven and dedicated
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: