Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Controller for our newly-created position. This position will run the day-to-day accounting operations, month-end close, lead financial audits and financial reporting. Responsible for meeting deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger, technical accounting, financial reporting and financial audits. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and related activities to ensure all accounts are US GAAP compliant.
- Meet deadlines in line with company’s policies and procedures.
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation and training of new accounting standards.
- Maintain the relationship with external auditors, lead all audit-related efforts, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build streamlined and scalable processes and achieve maximum efficiency to support growth.
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on standard methodologies related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects.
- Ownership of monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts.
- Lead ERP implementation and automation projects to streamline financial processes.
- Build and manage a high performing team that maintains a strong client service focus and culture.
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business.
- Plan and define performance goals with senior financial management to set overall and team-level performance measures and goals.
- Foster a client service culture and instill a work ethic that includes collaboration
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies and processes. Ideally with Big 4 and public company experience (4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm at the Manager+ level).
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Understanding of GAAP, ASC 606 and revenue recognition experience a plus.
- Problem solving, project management and decision-making capacity in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in leading successful system implementations for growth and scalability. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties.
- Previous experience in a cloud software startup environment, high-growth, fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills -- both written and verbal.
- Roll up your sleeves & get things done attitude.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: