Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
As a Manager, Business Development, you will oversee Business Development team reporting into our Director, Sales Development. Our Business Development team is responsible for generating pipeline through outbound outreach, partnering closely with our Account Executives to engage, qualify, and close business. You'll be directly responsible for building out the team and driving efficiency into their operating models.
You'll be responsible for:
- Overseeing a team of business development representatives
- Hiring, onboarding, and enabling BDRs
- Coaching teammates on engagement strategies for qualification criteria
- Identifying target customers for Kustomer through email, phone, and social channels
- Ensure team is maintaining active engagement through informed, creative follow-ups
- Working closely with account executives to identify qualified accounts and define strategies for outreach
- Partnering with marketing to deliver proper messaging and identify the best target market segments
- Achieving quarterly quotas for developed leads and closed business
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 4+ years of experience working in sales/startups preferred
- 3+ years of managing BDR and SDR teams
- You are able to coach individuals on how to engage potential customers over email, phone, and in person
- You’re clear, concise, and accurate in your communications, both written and verbally
- You learn quickly and you’re excited by new technologies, quickly mapping them to business processes
- You possess grit and don’t shy away from challenges
- You know how to effectively manage teams to complete objectives
- You have experience setting metrics for teams and holding them accountable for exceeding them
- You thrive in a high energy, team environment
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: