Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
At Kustomer, we take our clients’ experience with our platform and our company seriously. Our Customer Success team is committed to providing a world-class overall experience that delights our clients. From the moment our Implementations team gets our client onboarded on our platform, our Customer Success team takes the lead in engaging our customers to ensure positive outcomes using Kustomer. The Director of Customer Success will lead our growing team of client advocates, ensuring the highest quality of service and strategic support. Product adoption, expansions and renewals, as well as gathering critical client feedback about our platform and services fall under the purview of our Customer Success team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Manage the team of Customer Success Managers, Technical Account Managers, and Renewal Operations staff to maintain high customer satisfaction levels (85%+), adoption, expansions, and ultimately, retention (95%+).
- Hire and retain exceptional team members
- Expand our list of referenceable customers
- Own our client-facing Success processes, policies, playbooks, and values so as to deeply integrate Kustomer into our clients’ everyday work lives
- Articulate and document internal processes to create a scalable infrastructure for our Success team
- Serve as the liaison between the Customer Success team and the rest of the organization
- Influence the direction of the Kustomer platform, creating an efficient channel for funneling customer feedback into the Product organization while empowering the team to proactively help customers understand how we’re working towards solutions that meet and exceed their expectations
- Empower the team to act as advocates for the customer, quarterbacking the solving of complex problems within our organization and escalating when appropriate
- Work with Support to develop and refine a process to flag and resolve requests by key accounts - bugs, product gaps, wish list items, etc.
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Strong leadership skills with the motivation to inspire both our clients and your teammates
- Highly organized - a project management background is a plus
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to understand the features and use cases of the Kustomer platform
- Empathy for who you work with; you identify with their challenges and your desire to delight shines through in your communications
- 5-7 years of customer success or account management with a technical (SaaS) product
- You have at least 3 years of management experience
- The capacity for creative problem solving
- Experience with advocating for your customers’ needs within an organization and driving to solutions
- Ability to use data and statistics to identify patterns and generate recommendations for process/product improvements
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: