Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Kustomer’s finance team is looking for an Accountant to be a key member of the accounting team. The Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, as well as other tasks in connection with our monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process. This role supports the Company’s Billing Operations and Accounts Payable functions.
You'll be responsible for:
- Participating in various accounting functions including: general ledger maintenance and account reconciliations for cash, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, cash and other accounts
- Participating in the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close processes
- Playing a key role in our Billing Operations team, supporting systematic customer billings and collections
- Playing a key role in our Accounts Payable function, supporting vendor payments, expense reimbursement and credit card program administration
- Assisting with implementation of accounting systems, policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP
- Preparing financial statements, fluctuation analyses and performance of financial statement analytics for management consumption
- Participating in process streamlining and improvement projects
- Participating in annual financial audits with external auditors, including preparation and review of auditor-requested schedules
- Other projects/tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 or more years of accounting experience – Big 4 public accounting a plus
- Understanding of GAAP and applicable accounting rules and regulations
- Quickbooks and NetSuite experience a plus
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required (VLooksUps, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multitasking skills, and flexibility to alternate from one project to the next quickly
- Energetic, driven and dedicated
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.