Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Kustomer, you will be instrumental in growing, mentoring, and guiding a a team of cross functional software engineers. You will ensure that your team is set up for success, while facilitating continuous learning and improvement.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing and growing a team of software engineers
- Growing the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Conducting performance reviews and 1-1’s with all team members
- Setting objectives for your team as a whole and partnering with teammates on individual goals
- Owning pushing the team towards the best engineering working practices
- Working with engineering team leads and other stakeholders to continuously improve operational processes and procedures
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have experience growing, mentoring, and developing software engineers
- You are up to date with, and have a passion for, software engineering best practices
- You have experience attracting engineering talent and are comfortable closing candidates
- You have experience managing an engineering team
- You have a deep level of technical experience in at least one area of our current stack
- Nice to haves:
- You’re familiar with Node.js and/or React/Redux
- You’ve worked with and built REST APIs.
- You are interested in GraphQL, and overall state management.
- You have experience with other tools we use: webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, seamless-immutable, Jest, Storybook and Draft.js.
- Knowledgeable of advanced Chrome DevTools features, specifically around performance.
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, and/or AWS
- Experience with Web or Mobile Automated E2E Testing
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: