Kustomer is the platform for customer experience that focuses on customers, not tickets, enabling companies to know everything about every customer to drive informed actions. Used by Slice, Glossier, Outdoor Voices, and more, Kustomer provides businesses with a full view of every customer's lifetime. Kustomer unifies all relevant data, customer history, apps, and systems. Kustomer was founded in 2015 with headquarters in New York City.
About the Role
Kustomer’s finance team is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst (“Senior FP&A Analyst”) to oversee the full range of planning, forecasting and analysis activities. You will report to the VP of Finance. The Senior FP&A Analyst will work closely with business partners at all levels and functions of the company to drive strategic, financial, and operational plans. In this hands-on role you will be responsible for managing all financial planning and analysis activities, including preparation and management of the global annual plan and quarterly financial forecasts, consistent with the Company’s values, strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives.
You'll be responsible for:
- Leading all planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis activities
- Building and reviewing financial models and projections (BS, PL, CF); preparing variance analysis on actual vs. plan/forecast
- Preparing, analyzing, and summarizing weekly financial metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports for use by leadership teams
- Providing financial business support to the Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing and G&A organizations including: monthly budget vs actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects
- Assisting in the modeling of long-range strategic and financial plans
- Helping translate data into business insights, and providing meaning behind financial figures
- Leading selection, implementation and management of an FP&A solution
- Working closely with Accounting to assist with period variance analysis and accruals estimates
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analyses for special projects as needed
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- Other projects/tasks as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Venture backed startup, Big 4, Strategy Consulting Firm and/or Investment Banking experience a plus
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams and successfully manage projects to completion
- Mastery of operational and financial modeling / valuation analysis
- Demonstrated ability to prepare executive-level presentations, particularly the ability to simplify and explain complex problems to different audiences
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving high growth environment, balancing multiple challenging priorities on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and a working knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets and creating insightful, actionable reporting, along with controls
- Ability to discern trends and consider the broad business implications in helping management identify and exploit opportunities to improve performance
- Demonstrated ability to apply financial analysis in solving business problems and integrating financial discipline into operational decision making
- Experience with budget management tools & other performance related systems (NetSuite, Looker, Salesforce) is a plus
- Advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP, SaaS related metrics and KPIs
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.