Kurtosis is writing the next chapter in the history of software development.
The story of computer science is one of abstraction layers built over abstraction layers: 0's and 1's become assembly code, C becomes Java, CPUs become the personal computer, and Kubernetes becomes Kurtosis.
By building an end-to-end environment control platform for the entire development cycle, Kurtosis allows individual developers to prototype, test, and iterate on a distributed system as a whole - saving massive amounts of developer time and unlocking workflows that were previously impossible.
No space needs next-generation distributed system development technology more than the blockchain space. Kurtosis' customers include Ava Labs, Solana, Chainlink, NEAR, and the Ethereum Foundation. Notably, the Ethereum Foundation is using Kurtosis to test The Merge from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake: the hardest software migration in the history of software.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Kurtosis you will:
- Be a part of the founding engineering team that builds features which will deliver lasting value to new customers
- Design and implement complex, distributed platforms in Golang (experience in another industry standard is fine, we’ll teach Go)
- Build stable and scalable architecture, understanding the tradeoffs between consistency, durability, and costs to build solutions to meet the evolution of a rapidly growing platform
- Follow SRE principles to consistently deliver the Kurtosis platform in a reliable manner
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback and continually improve the platform
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, and supporting large scale distributed systems
- Systems programming experience skills including multi-threading, concurrency etc.
- Strong CS fundamentals with an appetite for learning
- Collaborative teammate, willing to roll up your sleeves and use instinct to get things done the right way
- Passionate about building better tooling for fellow developers
Technologies We Use:
- CircleCI/GitHub Actions
Please note in your resume or application which timezone you will be living and working from.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.