Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
This role is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role. The MSLs key objective is to engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts in support of Kura’s corporate and medical strategies and plans. The ideal MSL has had experience in AML, HNSCC, or NSCLC and have prior or existing relationships with experts in these areas. The MSL will also collaborate regularly and effectively with cross-functional colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and maintain scientific relationships with national, regional, and local opinion leaders in addition to other healthcare providers.
- Engage in meaningful, peer-to-peer scientific exchange of medical and scientific information with the oncology and hematology community.
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Explore potential new areas of interest to understand unmet needs, how the landscape is evolving, and how Kura pipeline products could address an unmet need.
- Collaborate with clinical development / operations to identify clinical trial sites / investigators and to enhance patient enrollment in Kura sponsored clinical trials
- Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the designated disease areas by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending relevant conferences
- Deliver approved medical/scientific presentations to internal & external stakeholders
- Facilitation of investigator-initiated studies (ISSs)
- Lead the planning and execution of subject matter expert meetings/advisory boards
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on internal projects and external initiatives
- Support medical/scientific training of cross functional teams
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- PharmD, PhD, or MD preferred, Advanced degree nurses, NPs, PAs, or those with a master’s degree in life sciences with clinical research experience may also apply
- 5+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs
- Oncology /Hematology experience
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate findings to meet educational and research needs
- Able to ensure compliance with corporate rules and government regulations
- Travel is required as part of this position
Kura’s Values that are used for candidate selection and performance assessments:
- We work as one for patients
- We are goal-focused and deliver with excellence
- We are science-driven courageous innovators
- We strive to bring out the best in each other and ourselves
The Kura Package
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break)
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stiped
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and ziftomenib. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. ziftomenib is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for ziftomenib at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.