About Ksana Health
At Ksana Health, we are committed to providing personalized digital mental health tools that help people live better lives. Our innovative research and mental health care solutions are digitally transforming how mental health care is delivered, making it continuous and seamless across all levels. Through best-in-class passive and continuous remote monitoring, individualized insights, and digital therapeutics we are making care more accessible, scalable, and effective. We are also committed to health equity, both in treating mental health on par with physical health and by helping underserved populations receive effective and affordable care.
About the Role
Ksana Health is in the advanced stages of developing a digital mental health care platform – Vira. The platform is based on many years of technology development and research at the University of Oregon’s Center for Digital Mental Health that has been supported by multiple grants from the NIH and other sources. Ksana has recently integrated these methods into the Vira Health Care Solution, which is a digitally enhanced mental health care system consisting of user/patient smartphone applications and associated health care practitioner portals. The scalability of these tools is enhanced by the fact that no special equipment is required outside the consumer devices people already own (i.e., their personal smartphone).
The QA lead is a key member of the engineering team and will play an integral role in helping us work through different phases of our product. This position will be responsible for leading and executing end-to-end test plans, documenting test plans, automating tests, and supporting developers and other team members on the product development cycle. The Lead QA position must excel in often ambiguous situations and confidentiality lead organization change, as it related to quality assurance.
We will always have a place for people who are curious and love to work with others on imagining, creating, transforming, and building something new, better, accessible, and equitable for all. Embrace who you are, you will be welcome at Ksana Health.
What You Will Do
- Define test practices and select testing automation technology to use on our product platform
- Responsible for developing test plans covering quality assurance, acceptance, integration, security, and production validation testing
- Build and maintain QA automation tests for our products across Agile squads
- Enhance regression and automation test suites after each release
- Responsible for applying software quality assurance practices and principles throughout the software development life cycle
- Experience developing, documenting, and implementing policies, standards, and operating procedures
- Communicate with the engineering, development, and other teams supporting the project to present schedules and status updates while providing publishing testing and endorsements
- Excel in finding and explaining defects for both new and existing features
- At least 3-5 years of QA testing, with at least one year in a QA Lead position
- Familiarity with iOS and Android store ecosystems and testing expectations
- Born-in-the-cloud testing experience in Azure and AWS
- Hands-on experience in test automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium, Nightwatch.js, JUnit/TestNG, or TestRail
- Strong attention to detail
- This is an individual contributor role with the potential to lead a QA team in the future
- Experience working with protected health information, specifically HIPAA
- Be an independent problem-solver who likes a challenge
- Capacity to lead and effectively coordinate tasks of additional QA testers
- Authorized to work in the United States for any company (required)
Additional Things That Would be Awesome
- Experience in the mental health/health care industry
- Familiarity with accessibility/WCAG requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Code
- Knowledge of API Testing
Life at Ksana Health
We have amazing people who are mission driven and are backed by a great team of investors who share our vision. We are growing and, as an early-stage hire, you will play a key role in helping us build our future and shape our culture. We are currently in the process of expanding our benefits and are working with our employees to define them. What we currently offer:
Competitive salary and start-up equity
Time off when you need it
Work with us in Eugene, Oregon or wherever you are
100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
Company sponsored benefits such as a matching 401K contributions, student loan repayment, college savings, LinkedIn Learning, fitness and wellness benefits, and more coming soon!
Ksana Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.