About Ksana Health
At Ksana Health, we are committed to providing personalized digital mental health tools that help people live better lives. Our innovative research and mental health care solutions are digitally transforming how mental health care is delivered, making it continuous and seamless across all levels. Through best-in-class passive and continuous remote monitoring, individualized insights, and digital therapeutics we are making care more accessible, scalable, and effective. We are also committed to health equity, both in treating mental health on par with physical health and by helping underserved populations receive effective and affordable care.
About the Role
Ksana Health is in the advanced stages of developing a digital mental health care platform – Vira. The platform is based on many years of technology development and research at the University of Oregon’s Center for Digital Mental Health that has been supported by multiple grants from the NIH and other sources. Ksana has recently integrated these methods into the Vira Health Care Solution, which is a digitally enhanced mental health care system consisting of user/patient smartphone applications and associated health care practitioner portals. The scalability of these tools is enhanced by the fact that no special equipment is required outside the consumer devices people already own (i.e., their personal smartphone).
The Android Mobile Application Developer is a critical role as we expand our mobile sensing capabilities. You will be responsible for designing and coding the base applications, ensuring the quality of the application, fixing bugs, maintaining code, and implementing updates in line with mobile and development best practices.
We will always have a place for people who are curious and love to work with others on imagining, creating, transforming, and building something new, better, accessible, and equitable for all. Embrace who you are, you will be welcome at Ksana Health.
What You Will Do
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages and frameworks
- React Native - must have at least 2 years
- Android – Kotlin and Java - must have at least 3 years
- Ability to technically assess and refactor various components/existing code for stronger architecture and efficient code
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks
- Performing code reviews and completing your unit testing before pushing code to QA
- Maintaining the code, updates, and automation of as needed
- 3 years of Android development experience
- Experience working in Agile software development process
- Familiarity with app store ecosystems and test flight procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- A self-managing multi-tasker who drives to meet deadlines
- Authorized to work in the United States for any company (required)
Additional Things That Would be Awesome
- Experience with Swift for iOS is a plus
- Familiarity with accessibility/WCAG 2.0/FIPS requirements preferred
- Azure experience is a plus
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
Life at Ksana Health
We have amazing people who are mission driven and are backed by a great team of investors who share our vision. We are growing and, as an early-stage hire, you will play a key role in helping us build our future and shape our culture. We are currently in the process of expanding our benefits and are working with our employees to define them. What we currently offer:
Competitive salary and start-up equity
Time off when you need it
Work with us in Eugene, Oregon or wherever you are
100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
Company sponsored benefits such as a matching 401K contributions, student loan repayment, college savings, LinkedIn Learning, fitness and wellness benefits, and more coming soon!
Ksana Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.