Position Title: Senior Network Engineer - Linux (remote)
Entity: KBRA Holdings
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Remote, United States (Remote only: CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, NJ, MA, NY, PA, SC, TX, VA)
KBRA Holdings is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure team.
You will be a highly responsive, informative and proactive engineer who will be responsible for supporting KBRA’s global enterprise network. (This position is full-time remote opportunity.)
About the Job
Overall, the candidate will assist in the responsibilities for day-to-day network operational tasks, engage in proactive resource monitoring and contribute to projects across many teams. We also need the candidate to accurately document network incidents, network changes and projects from beginning to end.
It is vital that you are aware of different strategies to understand, assess and resolve network issues while keeping focus on being a team player in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to keep calm during a period of crisis so that the needs of the business are met.
Ability to communicate clearly with business leaders, colleagues and end-users. This is a fast-paced environment and periodic after-hours work may be required.
It is important that you have the strong desire to automate every area of networking.
Demonstrated experience with the following processes and technologies:
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Terraform, Ansible and CI/CD integrations.
- Troubleshoot, configure & monitor firewalls, routers, etc.
- Participate in testing disaster recovery plans
- Working technical knowledge of:
- Networking vendor equipment: Cisco, Juniper, Arista
- Network protocols and standards: Dynamic/Static Routing, Layer 2 & Layer 4, etc.
- Advanced Linux OS fundamentals
- Bash scripting is a plus
- Python programming is preferred
- Designed/Maintained Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS network infrastructure
- Follows network policies, procedures and associated appropriate use.
- Interacts with vendors, contractors, and users.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Ten (10) or more years of Network Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with an entrepreneurial mindset as well as being documentation oriented
- Five (5) or more years of experience with Linux and the following: Bash, Vim, Nginx or Apache2 web servers, HA Proxy, TCPDump, SystemD, NetworkManager, Git, NMAP, IP tools, other basic commands
- Willingness to travel - 10-15% annually
- It is preferential that you have held a certification in:
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 to $165,000. Offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience, skills, geography, and other job-related factors.
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered in the U.S., the EU and the UK, and is designated to provide structured finance ratings in Canada. KBRA’s ratings can be used by investors for regulatory capital purposes in multiple jurisdictions.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.