Position Title: Corporates Ratings - Director (NY)
Entity: Kroll Bond Ratings Agency, LLC
Employment Type: Full-time Employee
Location: New York
KBRA (Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC) is seeking an Director to join our growing Corporates Ratings team with a focus on conducting fundamental credit analysis and research across a wide range of sectors.
The Director will work in a highly collaborative team that liaises with internal and external stakeholders to produce high quality and timely corporate credit opinions. The Associate Director will also help conduct credit research on a variety of industrial and service sectors, including analyzing and publishing trends, key rating factors, and evolving credit metrics. The Associate Director will have significant interaction with senior management of corporate issuers, and their advisors. This position is based in our New York office.
- Lead the credit rating process by preparing internal credit memos, analyzing cash flows, performing sector analysis, and publishing credit reports.
- Author sector research for investors and lenders across private credit, direct lending, and public debt markets.
- Assist in the development and evolution of rating processes and analytical tools.
- Participate in issuer and investor meetings to explain KBRA methodologies and demonstrate understanding of industry trends.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
Flourish in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Effectively collaborate with your team members and are extremely motivated to succeed and continually strive for consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject that prepared you to be a thoughtful qualitative and quantitative analyst and a strong writer. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years or more of work experience as a financial analyst within a bank or other financial institution. Prior fundamental credit training (including financial statement analysis) is preferred.
- Have the ability to conduct due-diligence and interact with clients as part of the rating process.
- Possess a solid understanding of capital markets and relevant experience in credit, fixed income research or capital markets.
- Experience with corporate financial statements including 10-Ks, 10-Qs.
- Able to work as an integral part of a team across disciplines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Manage time and resources in a fast-growing company/
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $180,000. Offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience, skills, geography, and other job-related factors.
- A hybrid work schedule (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the office)
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA) is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered as a CRA with the European Securities and Markets Authority. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited is registered as a CRA with the UK Financial Conduct Authority pursuant to the Temporary Registration Regime. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.