Position Title: Director - Funds Ratings (NY)
Entity: Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: New York, New York, United States
KBRA (Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC) is seeking a Director to join our growing Funds Ratings team in the New York office. The Funds team assigns and monitors credit ratings on various debt instruments issued by funds, closed-end funds, and other fund vehicles. KBRA’s growing ratings portfolio encompasses funds which leverage a variety of asset growth and income generation strategies including fixed income securities, private equity, private credit, real estate, and middle market lending. A strong candidate will have extensive experience and interest in fund investment and credit strategies.
- Assist with credit research on a variety of funds, closed-end funds, and other investment vehicles.
- Assist with the development of rating and analytical tools such as cash flow and asset coverage models used to evaluate fund debt structures.
- Assist in the quantitative and qualitative preparation and presentation of internal credit memos and publications.
- Participate in diligence meetings with fund management teams to assess their investment acumen, risk management skills, and overall ability to develop and successfully execute strategies.
- Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to leverage and seamlessly collaborate with KBRA experts in other sectors such as project finance, corporate finance, financial institutions, and structured finance.
- Assist in research for internal and publication purposes.
Key Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Math related fields or any subject that results in strong analytical skills.
- Eight (8) or more years of work experience as a credit analyst with experience in fund lending, investing, or structured finance is a significant plus.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a highly collaborative team and across disciplines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage time and resources in a fast-growing company.
- Effective verbal and presentation skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel, ability to cash flow model is preferred.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in SQL and VBA for querying databases a strong advantage.
- Successful progression towards CFA is most helpful.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $180,000. Offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience, skills, geography, and other job-related factors.
- A hybrid work schedule (in office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA) is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered as a CRA with the European Securities and Markets Authority. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited is registered as a CRA with the UK Financial Conduct Authority pursuant to the Temporary Registration Regime. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.