Position Title: Senior Director - Financial Analytics, Banking
Entity: KBRA Analytics, LLC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: New York, New York, United States
KBRA Analytics, LLC (KBRA Analytics) is seeking a Senior Director to join our growing KBRA Analytics team. This role will be focused on the enhancements and growth of the KBRA Financial Intelligence product (KFI). This position is based in our New York office.
KFI provides data coverage for the North American financial sector with core coverage of U.S. banks and credit unions. Its content can be accessed through a web application, Excel add-on tool, or data feed. Some of KFI’s key features include company financials, peer analysis, market data, and financial strength scores for all banks and credit unions (KFI Scores). Its clients include a mix of banks, credit unions, asset managers and investors, insurers, federal/state/local agencies, and corporates.
- Manage the business and analytical team responsible for creating and curating KFI’s content.
- Work closely with sales staff to grow both new and existing client base
- Coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders and teams (technology, business development, leadership) to manage the product strategy and roadmap including new features and product offshoots
- Actively engage with clients and prospects, including attending conferences to showcase the product’s capabilities
- Collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product features and content
- Develop and produce relevant content for KFI customers such as analytical research and insights about the financial sector.
- Participate in management meetings to provide regular updates on the product and team’s progress to key stakeholders across KBRA Analytics
- Have a strategic impact on the business by driving product strategies that create competitive advantages and innovative solutions
- Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and insights about data and analytics across the financial sector
Key Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Ten (10) or more years of work experience in a financial analysis role within the financial services industry or rating agency. Previous Banking experience is most helpful.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Proficient with Excel; experience using Data Visualization tools or Python/R are preferred.
- Experience using S&P Global Market Intelligence software is most helpful.
- Prior use of financial data and analytical products and an understanding of the data and analytics industry will be considered positively
- Self-starter, team-oriented, and client-obsessed
- Ability to work across teams and disciplines in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Understanding of the Agile process and principles, as well as the software development lifecycle, are a plus
- Strong interest and/or relevant experience in financial sector transactions
- Ability to run effective meetings internally and with customers
- Strong ability to set the product vision, strategy, and execution in terms of our customers, their business needs, and the commercial viability of our solutions.
- Critical thinker that can take creative and clever approaches to problem-solving and product development.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 to $210,000. Offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience, skills, geography, and other job-related factors.
- A hybrid work schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in office)
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave.
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
KBRA Analytics, LLC (KBRA Analytics) is our premier product platform for high quality data and advanced analytics. Our seasoned teams of industry specialists across each product provide unparalleled insight creating a foundation of deeper analysis and rapid discovery for users. KBRA Analytics is an affiliate of Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA). KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered in the U.S., designated to provide structured finance ratings in Canada, and with credit rating affiliates registered in the EU and UK.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.