Position Title: Funds Ratings - Associate Director (NY)
Entity: Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: New York, New York, United States
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC is seeking an Associate Director to join our rapidly expanding Funds Ratings team in New York. This dynamic and high energy professional will drive all aspects of the credit rating process for various debt instruments within the investment fund sector. KBRA’s extensive and growing ratings portfolio includes a variety of asset types and income generation strategies involving fixed income securities, private equity, private credit, real estate, and middle market lending. Ideal candidates will possess extensive experience and interest in fund investment and credit strategies.
- Ability to independently lead credit ratings process and research efforts on a variety of debt transactions involving investment funds, and other related vehicles.
- Extensive knowledge and comfort assessing credit risk across a wide variety of investment strategies and transaction structures.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated ability to distill complex topics into reasoned opinions and recommendations for internal credit committee presentations as well as externally published reports.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience in small and large group settings
- Ability to leverage and seamlessly collaborate with KBRA experts in other sectors such as project finance, financial institutions, and structured credit.
- Ability to plan, conduct and lead on-site diligence meetings with fund management teams to assess their investment expertise, risk management skills, operational processes and overall ability to develop and successfully execute strategies.
- Lead/assist in the development of rating and analytical tools such as cash flow models used to evaluate fund debt structures.
- Lead or contribute to speaking, publishing, and networking efforts to expand KBRA’s position as a thought leader in the growing global fund finances sector.
Key Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced graduate degree or CFA designation a plus
- Six (6) or more years of work experience as a credit analyst with experience in fund finance, investing, or structured finance a significant plus. .
- Strong interest and relevant experience in credit, fixed income research or capital markets.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a highly collaborative team and across disciplines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage time and resources in a fast-growing company.
- Effective verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel for conducting credit and cash flow modeling.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in SQL and VBA for querying databases a strong advantage.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 to $150,000. Offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience, skills, geography, and other job-related factors.
- A hybrid work schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays in the office)
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Paid family and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Cell phone reimbursement
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA) is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered as a CRA with the European Securities and Markets Authority. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited is registered as a CRA with the UK Financial Conduct Authority pursuant to the Temporary Registration Regime. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.