Position Title: Director - Funds Ratings (London)
Entity: KBRA UK
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: London, United Kingdom
KBRA UK (Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited) is seeking a Director to join the Funds Rating team in our London, office. This dynamic and high energy professional will drive all aspects of the credit rating process for various debt instruments within the investment fund sector. The individual will also help lead our effort to expand our analytical and thought leadership in Europe. KBRA’s extensive and growing ratings portfolio includes a variety of asset types and income generation strategies involving fixed income securities, private equity, private credit, real estate, and middle market lending. Ideal candidates will possess extensive experience and interest in fund investment and credit strategies.
Key Job Requirements:
- Ability to independently lead credit ratings process and research efforts on a variety of debt transactions involving investment funds, and other related vehicles.
- Lead or contribute to speaking, publishing, and networking efforts to expand KBRA’s position as a thought leader in the growing global fund finance sector.
- Extensive knowledge and comfort assessing credit risk across a wide variety of investment strategies and transaction structures.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated ability to distill complex topics into reasoned opinions and recommendations for internal credit committee presentations as well as externally published reports.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience in small and large group settings
- Ability to leverage and seamlessly collaborate with KBRA experts in other sectors such as project finance, financial institutions, and structured credit.
- Ability to plan, conduct and lead on-site diligence meetings with fund management teams to assess their investment expertise, risk management skills, operational processes and overall ability to develop and successfully execute strategies.
- Lead/assist in the development of rating and analytical tools such as cash flow models used to evaluate fund debt structures.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced graduate degree or CFA designation is preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of work experience as a credit analyst with experience in fund finance, investing or structured finance cashflow modeling is a significant plus.
- Ability to work, lead, and seamlessly integrate in a highly collegial, dynamic, and innovative work environment.
- Multi-task with an ability to work on multiple transaction at the same time is critical.
- Effective verbal and presentation skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel for conducting credit and cash flow modeling.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and an ability to manage time and resources in a fast-growing company.
- Comfortable in a multinational environment.
- Willing and able to travel freely around the EU and UK.
- Flexible with regards to participating in meetings at non-standard hours to meet deliverables.
- Fluency in more than language is most helpful.
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA) is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered as a CRA with the European Securities and Markets Authority. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited is registered as a CRA with the UK Financial Conduct Authority pursuant to the Temporary Registration Regime. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK is located at Augustine House, Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, United Kingdom.