Position: Funds Attorney
Department: Ratings Legal
Employment Type: Full-time
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position.
A hybrid work schedule will be part of KBRA’s formal return to the office starting in the Fall of 2021.
We are seeking an experienced funds attorney to join our Ratings Legal team in our New York or London office. You will primarily cover the funds credit ratings business, but opportunities will also arise for you to assist with other asset classes across our corporates, financial institutions and government ratings platform, including project & infrastructure finance, secured corporate loans, insurance and public finance.
About the Job
You will primarily work with KBRA’s funds team on a wide range of funds transactions, including senior secured loans to levered funds, subscription facilities, LP interest debt subscriptions, asset manager platform transactions, and GP co-invest/management fee monetization transactions for both private equity and private debt funds. Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing fund level formation documents and financing documents
- Coordinating with rating analysts on relevant legal issues
- Drafting and editing rating reports and other client deliverables
- Participating in legal due diligence meetings
- Attending committees and offering analysis of the potential credit impact of transaction structures and deal documents
- Preparing transaction overviews for publication in KBRA’s market-leading rating reports
- Coordinating with outside counsel as needed
About the Team
The funds attorneys in our Ratings Legal team work alongside other ratings analysts to identify, evaluate, and articulate any key legal and credit risks in transaction and loan structures. As integral members of the various teams within the CFG platform that we cover, we are expected to keep abreast of relevant legal and market developments, contribute to research reports and methodology review processes, engage in investor outreach, conduct training for analysts and ultimately serve as a safeguard for ensuring the quality, accuracy, timeliness and consistency of our product.
You are extremely motivated, able to effectively multi-task and work both independently and with other members of the funds team on the types of matters described above.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- At least 4 years of experience focused on fund finance or secured lending transactions
- JD and admission to the New York bar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research, analytical and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to collaborate with others in a collegial environment
- Skilled at working on multiple transactions simultaneously in an organized fashion and able to meet deadlines
KBRA is a global full-service rating agency whose mission is to set a standard of excellence and integrity by providing users of our ratings with transparent, responsive, and timely analysis. Established in 2010 as a challenger brand, KBRA remains dedicated to the restoration of trust in credit ratings. We accomplish this through the creation of new standards for assessing risk and by offering transparent ratings. KBRA offers market participants with an alternative solution by delivering in-depth research as well as the tools needed to make informed decisions. Since the company was founded, we have published over 40,000 ratings. KBRA has over 380 employees located across the United States (in New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland) and in Dublin, Ireland and London, England.
KBRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- Excellent health, dental and vision plans along with flexible spending accounts, health savings account and voluntary benefits
- Generous paid maternity/paternity and disability leave
- 401(k) plan, including employer match (100% vested)
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, personal, sick) package
- Educational and professional development financial assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Monthly cell phone reimbursements
- The ability to make a difference in a growing company!