About Kleiner Perkins
For five decades we have partnered with intrepid founders to build iconic companies that made history, including Amazon, DoorDash, EA, Genentech, Google, Intuit and Slack. Today, Kleiner Perkins continues that legacy, investing in founders with bold ideas that span industries and continents, partnering with them from inception to IPO and beyond to maximize the potential of their ideas… and make history.
We are looking for someone to manage strategic projects within Talent, a team that supports founders as they scale their companies.
- Identify and execute on initiatives that bring the firm closer to next generation talent
- Manage partnerships with 50+ companies and recruit talent for the KP Fellows Summer Program
- Host community events featuring founders / execs from the KP network
- Contribute to the Kleiner Perkins People Report and own the data analysis from quarterly surveys
- Manage the KP Talent Network and improve talent team data and processes
- Self-starter eager to make an impact and build new initiatives from scratch
- Network of up-and-coming potential founders and / or excited to build one
- Ability to identify faster and scalable ways to run processes
- 2-3 yrs in consulting, bizops, and / or program management preferred but not a non-negotiable
- Power user with Google sheets and / or excel
Preference for Menlo Park on Mondays, San Francisco on Thursdays, and optional WFH the rest of the week.
- Moral compass. Our North Star is serving humanity with the tools at our disposal — people, technology, and capital — and we work with founders who share this compass.
- Empathy. Building a company is a long journey that demands courage to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions. We have traveled this road many times and have a deep understanding of the challenges facing founders.
- Humility. We never forget that we are here to serve founders and their teams to help them get through the biggest challenges. We take nothing for granted and never assume we have all the answers.
- Winning as a mindset. We are as ambitious as our founders and know winning requires passion, grit, and dynamic and orthogonal thinking that comes from diverse expertise and experience.
- One Team, One Dream. We operate in a culture of transparency, teamwork and trust to fulfill our company vision of partnering with companies that make history. We know how each individual role plays a part in the success of Kleiner Perkins and everyone’s work matters.
- Pride in Excellence. We take ownership and pride in our work. We set a high bar and sweat the details, holding ourselves accountable to the stretch goals, OKRs and objectives we have set, always striving to get better.
- Operating in Real-Time. We are a service organization supporting the companies in which we invest and we act with the same sense of urgency as our founders with no trade-off between speed and quality.
- Positive Intent. We assume that everyone at Kleiner Perkins is living our company values to the best of their ability. We trust that each person operates with good intentions and acts with integrity and respect.
At Kleiner Perkins we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the world.