Kountable is building the world's most inclusive supply chains. Through its technology platform (on web and mobile), it harnesses the massively transformative and distributed capabilities of entrepreneurs in emerging markets who are solving some of the world's biggest problems. In developing economies, entrepreneurs serve as a vital link between institutions and foreign suppliers of specialized goods and equipment. Kountable’s network connects these local entrepreneurs with multinational suppliers and top-quality goods that are then delivered to end payers such as governments, NGOs or corporations looking to complete large scale projects. The types of goods Kountable helps procure are focused in industrial, ICT and healthcare equipment. By combining local expertise with global scale, Kountable brings unprecedented transparency and efficiency to global trade and unlocks the inherent potential in underserved markets.
If these three describe you, please read on!
- You take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- You research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- You follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers both internally and externally. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain working relationships with clients
- Full on-boarding and off-boarding training and setup for employees, contractors, & interns
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field or, Associate degree in a computer related field and 2-3) years experience
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus.
Community is at the center of who we are. We strive to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, leveraging our differences as strengths. We aim to create a company culture where our team members are connected, can thrive and feel empowered to be their authentic selves at work. Getting there means hiring people who represent a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints, and – most importantly – making sure we create an environment that allows all team members to reach their full potential.