Customer Support - Family and Nanny Matching Team (Part-time)
About the role
You’ll be responsible for matching our families and nannies together. Most of your role will be spent speaking with families and nannies to help them decide if they are a perfect match for each other.
You’ll have the freedom to experiment and improve the way we do things. We’ll give you all the training and support you need to do the job really well. In particular, you’ll learn advanced techniques to help customers resolve problems and make decisions.
Your working hours will be flexible - we're typically looking for minimum 15 hours a week, with up to 40+ hours a week available. The role is fully remote for now. There may be the opportunity to work from an office in London in the future, but that won’t be obligatory. You’ll receive the training and support you need. You’ll be a crucial part of the team, and have our trust that you can do a great job!
We’re open to start dates from the start of June through to the middle of July.
About Koru Kids
At Koru Kids we have a triple mission: to support working parents during the hardest years of their life, to give children the best possible childhood to allow them to flourish as adults, and to create really great jobs for childcarers. The challenge is massive, but our team is really good.
In August 2019 we closed a £10m Series A funding round led by Atomico, one of the world’s best Venture Capital investors in technology start-ups. We’re growing fast and we need more people to join our outstanding Customer Support team.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations
You’re friendly, switched on and a great communicator – you’re a people-person! We’re after an all-rounder who is clever, practical and nice. We don’t mind what degree you’re doing, as long as you’re doing well. We’ll also be looking for evidence of drive, aspiration and enthusiasm in the extracurricular stuff you’ve done.
You must be eligible to work full time in the UK on a self-employed basis.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- You love speaking to new people. You’re warm, friendly and personable. You’re empathetic by nature.
- Although you like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen.
- You’re a team player and love the sense of achievement from working together to get stuff done.
- You’ll happily get stuck in and give something a go, but are equally happy to ask for help when you need it.
- You’re able to write clearly and accurately, with perfect spelling and grammar.
- You’re focussed and work at a fast pace. You can manage your own time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- You have good judgement and can spot inconsistencies. You aren’t afraid to question things.
- You’re detail-oriented. You’re able to input and update data accurately.
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other, whilst improving childcare in London.
This role is paid at £9.25p/h.