Customer Support (Full-Time)
About Koru Kids
At Koru Kids we have a triple mission: to support working parents during the hardest years of their life, to give children the best possible childhood to allow them to flourish as adults, and to create really great jobs for childcarers. The challenge is massive, but our team is crazy good.
In August of last year we closed a £10m Series A funding round led by Atomico, one of the world’s best Venture Capital investors in technology start-ups. We’re growing fast and we need more people to join our outstanding Customer Support team.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
About the role
Customer service is at the heart of everything we do at Koru Kids. Finding the perfect nanny, or searching for the right family to work with, can be an emotional process and so our Customer Support team is a vital part of what Koru Kids offers.
You’ll be on the frontline for our customers, playing a big part in ensuring a positive experience for our ever expanding network of families and nannies. Most of your day will be spent communicating with parents and nannies, over the phone, by email or over live chat.
You’ll answer their questions about how Koru Kids works. You’ll know our service and our product inside out. You’ll be on hand to support families and nannies throughout their journey with us, to listen to their queries and offer them advice. Sometimes you might have to handle complaints, but you’ll always do this in a calm, friendly and professional manner.
You'll also work with our wider Customer Operations team, supporting with the administration and delivery of key parts of our service from contracts to payroll to DBS.
Working hours will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and the role is fully remote (although you must be based in the UK). You’ll receive the training and support you need. You’ll be a crucial part of the team, and have our trust that you can do a great job!
You’ll ideally have previous experience within a customer service role. More importantly you’re friendly, switched on and a great communicator – you’re a people-person! You’re interested in building a career in customer service, team leadership or customer operations.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- You love speaking to new people. You’re warm, friendly and personable
- You’re able to write clearly and accurately, with perfect spelling and grammar. You’re able to communicate in a way that’s in line with our brand and tone
- You’re emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen. Choosing childcare is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to help parents through the process
- You work well under pressure and show good judgement. You can handle challenging situations
- You’re focussed and work at a fast pace. You can manage your own time and prioritise tasks effectively
- You're a problem solver. You're able to gather and interpret information to solve customer queries
- You’re detail-oriented. You’re able to input and update data accurately
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other, whilst improving childcare in London
The starting salary for this role will be £20-21,000 dependent on experience, with room for progression.