An innovation platform founded by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (“OTPP”) to build a portfolio of new businesses that drive breakout growth.
Koru is a true venture foundry designed to unlock unique assets from within OTPP’s 90+ portfolio companies around the world. We generate, validate, and incubate businesses, products and ventures that address customer frictions and take advantage of opportunities across industries.
We expect Koru to create game changing ventures while promoting a truly entrepreneurial mindset and creating a culture of fearless reinvention. Koru will leverage its ‘unfair’ competitive advantage to create new sources of value for Ontario Teachers’ and the companies it works with.
Introducing our Venture Teams:
Our venture teams consist of world-class entrepreneurs & experts, from disciplines spanning business, design, engineering, product, and growth. Joining our remarkable multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry, without the distractions of raising capital. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Koru is seeking an exceptional Lead Product Manager who is passionate about building innovative product experiences across any industry. As part of Koru’s Product team, you will help drive the product strategy, and own roadmap execution for a new business, while working across a diverse set of problems with a highly talented team.
- In partnership with the venture leadership team, define overall product strategy, and drive execution of the product roadmap with prioritized features
- Gain a deep understanding of the industry you are operating in; you’ll need to be able to walk in the shoes of every stakeholder in any given value chain.
- Generate buy-in for the product strategy with stakeholders including the executive team and investors.
- Effectively prioritize and define product features so that Engineering, Design, and others can collaboratively & efficiently build and execute.
- Champion agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development in response to key insights from customer validation and feedback from engineering, business, design, and growth cohorts.
- Conduct user and market research, gather customer feedback and analyze data in order to make informed product decisions
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued.
- Cross-pollinate good practices and insights between multiple ventures to drive continuous improvement of our product practice.
- Be scrappy!
Qualifications and Skills:
- 6+ years of delivering successful and innovative products that customers love.
- An orientation towards building products, not features. You will need to go from 0 to 1.
- Tech savviness with a strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industry trends.
- An ability to manage a suite or portfolio of products
- Real passion for understanding and solving customer frictions through simple and effective products.
- A data driven mindset. You know where to find the right insights to make an informed decision.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to launch a product
- A demonstrated ability to influence decisions with persuasive storytelling.
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning.
- A willingness to travel
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Diversity of perspectives and experience is at the core of how we approach disruption and innovation. We believe in fostering an environment where team members of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work every day. We aim to ensure all of our employees work in an environment that makes them feel valued, heard and supported while they strive towards career pursuits and their personal and professional growth.
We are committed to providing accommodations for all candidates that require them and in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process. If you are selected to participate in any part of the selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Koru’s offices are located in downtown Toronto. We humbly acknowledge that Koru HQ is located on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the New Credit, Chippewa (Anishinaabeg), Haudenosaunee, and Wendat. This territory is covered by the ‘Toronto Purchase: Treaty 13’ which was the surrender of the lands from the Mississaugas of the Credit to the British Crown initially in 1787.
Koru staff and/or board members are made up of settlers, immigrants, descendants of immigrants, or a combination thereof. Our roots lie in continents across the world and we are grateful for the opportunity to share this land where we work and live.