Koru is a venture foundry aiming to build a portfolio of new startups that drive breakout growth. We build from 0-1, generating, validating, and scaling ventures that address customer frictions head-on — and leverage our corporate partnerships to gain an unfair advantage in the market.
Join us if you:
- Are keen on learning and fast-tracking your career progression with proven performance.
- Love autonomy and want to make key decisions in the early days of new ventures.
- Want to diversify your experience and knowledge across industries and geographies.
- Are looking to make an impact and create the culture in our small but growing Koru team.
We’re a first-of-its-kind innovation platform with a well-funded runway from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, a $200B+ Canadian investor with over 90 portfolio companies around the world — giving us access to innovate across dozens of different industries on a global scale.
We expect to create game-changing ventures while promoting a truly entrepreneurial mindset and creating a culture of fearless reinvention.
Introducing our Venture Teams.
Our venture teams consist of world-class entrepreneurs & experts from disciplines spanning business, design, engineering, product, and growth. Joining our remarkable multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry, without the distractions of raising capital. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative ventures from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
At Koru, you can unleash your design superpowers working side by side with a carefully selected small group of startup veterans in engineering, product, marketing and business. As we continue to disrupt industries, it is vital that the ventures we set up are not only financially viable and built to scale, but are also customer-focused and delight end users.
With us, you will have a unique opportunity to be exposed to a wide array of industries, be a vital voice around the decision-making table especially around the set of problems we select to solve, and especially on the solutions we intend to deliver to the market to solve these customer problems and latent needs. You will have the possibility to go deep within one venture, but also help shape the role of venture architecture at Koru for years to come.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of entirely new products and services.
- Apply holistic design thinking and evidence-based design to improve adoption, usage and satisfaction (How do users first find the product? What’s their initial interaction? How does the experience differ a year later?).
- Participate in user research sessions as part of our discovery efforts, collect data through qualitative research and synthesize findings using artifacts like personas, storyboards, process flows, user journey mapping and sitemaps.
- Create diagrams, wireframes, and mockups rapidly, and at the right level of fidelity to validate hypotheses and achieve product goals.
- Work with Engineering to create components or design systems that allow teams to build and ship quickly.
- Ensure design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from users and domain matter experts.
- Work collaboratively with product & engineering to bring products to life.
You should have:
- 7+ years experience as a product or UX designer on software product teams.
- A strong portfolio exhibiting a proven track record in designing great experiences, that are based on user and market research, and are also technically feasible to build
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator or other relevant design tools.
- Ability to apply your expertise to create simple and straightforward user experiences on products ranging from desktop, to mobile (iOS and Android), to wearables.
- Ability to work in an agile working environment skewed towards evidence based design
- An understanding and curiosity about user and business goals to complement and explain your design decisions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
It would be excellent if you had:
- Experience designing an entirely new product from scratch.
- Interest in the design community, understanding the industry’s latest trends and technologies and a good network of other local and international designers
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision, Framer or Haiku.