Koru is a venture foundry aiming to build a portfolio of new startups that drive breakout growth. We build from 0-1, generating, validating, and scaling ventures that address customer frictions head-on — and leverage our corporate partnerships to gain an unfair advantage in the market.
Join us if you:
- Are keen on learning and fast-tracking your career progression with proven performance.
- Love autonomy and want to make key decisions in the early days of new ventures.
- Want to diversify your experience and knowledge across industries and geographies.
- Are looking to make an impact and create the culture in our small but growing Koru team.
We’re a first-of-its-kind innovation platform with a well-funded runway from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, a $200B+ Canadian investor with over 90 portfolio companies around the world — giving us access to innovate across dozens of different industries on a global scale.
We expect to create game-changing ventures while promoting a truly entrepreneurial mindset and creating a culture of fearless reinvention.
Introducing our Venture Teams.
Our venture teams consist of world-class entrepreneurs & experts from disciplines spanning business, design, engineering, product, and growth. Joining our remarkable multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry, without the distractions of raising capital. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative ventures from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Koru is seeking an exceptional Sr. Full-Stack Engineer who is excited to get their hands dirty and contribute to both the technical strategy & product build of our new ventures.
As a Full-Stack Engineer at Koru, you will turn great ideas into code and turn that code into groundbreaking and beautiful new applications while working across a diverse set of problems with a highly talented multidisciplinary team.
- Be scrappy! Experiment, fail fast, and share your technical solutions and product ideas with your Venture Team.
- Be a polyglot! Work across languages, technologies, and platforms.
- Build disruptive technical solutions from ideation to MVP and into commercialization e.g. Mobile and Web Apps, SaaS, Big Data, AI or ML powered platforms.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Perpetuate a venture team culture that emphasizes best-in-class software qualities including testability, security, scalability, operability, etc.
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued.
You will bring:
- An entrepreneurial mindset with at least 5 to 8 years hands-on professional experience developing Mobile and Web Apps, SaaS, big data and/or AI and ML powered platforms.
- A track record of building successful digital products from scratch in a startup environment.
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and frameworks:
Frameworks: e.g. Express, Django, Angular, Flask, Spring.
- Native or hybrid mobile development (e.g. iOS, Android, ionic).
- Experience with architectural design; including building service-based architectures and/or micro-services.
- Performance optimization techniques
- Designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS, e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Enough DevOps / Infrastructure experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment, e.g. Docker on AWS etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical professional experience.